Thursday, May 1, 2008

Broody Hen

I now have a broody hen! Basically broody means she laid eggs and decided to sit on them...they typically sit around 3 weeks....so hers are scheduled to hatch around Mother's Day (if they make it) She has come off them twice for extended periods of time...not sure if she spent to much time off them! They usually come off the nest once a day to eat, drink, and poop....then they go back to the nest! Hopefully she knows best! I don't have any pictures of her on the nest (don't want to disturb her and give her reason to decide to leave the nest!), but I do have a picture of my other broody hen and her eggs!
Isn't she beautiful!!
See her hatching chick!!!
I will try to get atleast one picture of the mommy and her chicks (if any hatch!) Pray for the babies!!

No comments: